Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blog Post 14

Jose Picardo's educational blog

Educational Box of Tricks

Mr. Picardo believes in the effective use of technology to meet the needs of our students today and in the future. His blog proves to be very valuable for teachers who want to meet that expectation. His A-Z list of resources is just what most of us need. He did the "dirty work" of trying and testing these sites and tools. This is a relief because there's just so much out there. It can be very time consuming trying to figure out what is a reliable resource and what is not. Oh, by the way, these resources he found? They're all free!

Mr. Picardo created a video depicting his Top Ten Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom. EDM 310 introduced us to a majority of those he mentioned. We have been required to use tools like Skype, Smartboards, Podcasts, Blogs, and Social Networks. Something that caught me off guard was using music, and I'm still not exactly sure how I would incorporate that in my classroom. I'm pursuing health education though, so I think it would be very valuable to have a lot of interactive exercises. It'd be great to have visuals on human anatomy, the body's processes, nutrition/exercise and it's effects, drug/alcohol abuse and it's effects, and so much more! I think all of Mr. Picardo's tips will contribute to a more interactive and creative environment, and I can't wait to begin using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment