Sunday, December 4, 2011

C4K Summary - November

Game of the Week - Simon

Mr. McCafferty's year 4 class seems to have a lot of fun. I was assigned to the Game of the Week, which was the game of Simon. If you aren't familiar with the game, you are supposed to follow and repeat a sequence of lights and sounds for as long as you can. I love memory games! I scored a 19 on my first try, beating the previous record of 17 held by Mr. McCafferty. One month later the record still stands at 19. I think I might go try to beat my own score now!



Halloween Stories - The Mean Witch

I was assigned to read Emily's story called "The Mean Witch." One night a werewolf named Bob and a ghost named Joe found a magic wand. All of a sudden a mean witch swooped in on her broom and stole the wand. Bob and Joe had to think quickly before the witch used the wand for something bad. Thankfully they had some magic cheese which, when eaten, brings the wand back.

Emily did a great job developing the characters, and it was a very amusing story.

Mosa @ Pt England School

Mosa is a year 5 student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. His latest post was about Don Clarke, a New Zealand rugby player "best known for his phenomenal goal kicking ability that earned him the nickname 'The Boot'" (Wikipedia). Mosa provided a few facts, such as Clarke's date and place of birth, date and place of death, height, and weight. He also included a video of Don Clarke playing in the 1950s. I told Mosa I just recently discovered what the sport of rugby was and how similar it is to American football and soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment