Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Project 8 - Podcast

picture of Rafe Esquith's book There Are No Shortcuts

Esquith is not your conventional teacher. He has an immeasurable amount of passion for what he does. He creates such a caring, compassionate atmosphere through all of the extra time he is willing to spend with his students; however, he still sets high expectations for them. Not because he can, but because he knows they have the ability to reach beyond their limitations.

The one chapter I read alone is very inspiring. After hearing what my group members had to say about their readings, it encouraged me to read the entire book. I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy. I think it would be beneficial for any future teacher.

The Learning Leos (made up of Bonnie Gaudet, Gina Phillips, and myself) created a podcast discussing Chapters 1, 2, 4, and the Epilogue of Rafe Esquith's book There Are No Shortcuts. You can listen to our "talk radio" style podcast by clicking the play button below.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lana
    Thanks heaps for leaving a comment on our class blog about the NZ flag debate. We will be posting the results of our poll next week and the children will be writing about their view and why they chose which flag.
    We would love for you to come back and visit us again.
    Thanks
    Room 3 and Mrs Laburn

    ReplyDelete